Here are some more pictures from Earth Day at UH!! Double click on any of the pictures to get the large versions. THANKS again to everyone who helped out and attended to make Thursday a success!
Here is the link to our photo album, with more to come…..
The Environmental Center and students would like to thank all of the wonderful volunteers, vendors,
performers and collaborators that made EARTH DAY at UH Manoa a success yesterday!
Mahalo to our sponsors as well…
The Ecology Club
The Green House
Watt Wheels (Sunetric)
USGBC student group
Blue Planet Foundation
Pacific Business Solutions
Thank you for volunteering to help with Earth Day. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
1) people who have signed-up to help on Wednesday, as well as anyone else who is available, please come to Dean Hall 105 at 4,30PM. We will need your help to chalk the layout of the booths and other pre-event set-up and will give you details about your jobs on Thursday.
2) people who have signed-up for Thursday: do NOT be late for your shift. Please check-in with the volunteering table (which will be located centrally, exact spot to be determined tomorrow) where you will also get your T-shirt and other information.
That’s about it!
Looking forward to seeing you there,
The Volunteering Committee
Aloha vendors and participators:
I just received news that they will not be doing a live broadcast tomorrow morning of UH manoa Earth Day because they will be covering the Lowes grand opening. I apologize to the people that were preparing to come early but I guess Shopping Malls have a priority over Grass Roots Earth Day events. It is sad but is an example of our reality. They may send some news people later in the day. Let`s work together and make this event the best it can be, plants some seeds and Inspire.
Human Rights/Sustainability Campus Community Dialogue
Ecological Ethics/Activism/Justice Earth Summit
Introduction by Joshua Cooper
41st Anniversary of Earth Day
Bill McKibben Why We Fight
Center for Environmental Policy C2C/National Climate Seminar
Chill Out Climate Action on Campus
With National Wildlife Foundation
The Graduation Green Pledge of Social and Environmental Responsibility
Coordinating a UH Campaign
Elyse Petersen Halepilihonua Solar Decathlon
University of Hawaii
University of Hawaii Systemwide
Share Stories of Sustainability
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Broadcast start time: 12:00 PM
Broadcast end time: 1:30 PM
UH Manoa – Kuykendall Hall, Room 201
Honolulu CC – Building 7 Room 420
Leeward CC – Library Room 116
Windward CC – Akoakoa Room 113
Kauai CC – Learning Resource Center, Room 122
UH Hilo – Media Services Room 350
Date: Thursday, April 21st
Place: UH-Manoa Krauss Mall Legacy Walk and Sustainability Courtyard
- Cost: no charge for anyone
- Size: maximum 10’x 10’ area
- Equipment: Please bring your own tables, chairs, and a canopy.
- Power: Electricity will be provided by Sunetric Watt Wheels. Please specify electricity needs so we can allocate your booth accordingly
- Location: you may select a booth location during set-up on the morning of the event, volunteers will be on hand to help unload your vehicle
SET-UP/BREAKDOWN & PARKING
- Set-up: 8-10a.m. (2 hours before event begins)
- Breakdown: 5-6p.m. (1 hour after event ends)
- Parking: $3 one-time fee (for set-up and breakdown, you will be able to park near the event site to unload and reload materials; during the event , you must park in the UHM Parking Structure)
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call Damian 808-688-8990 or Dylan 808-343-3040